Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Paul Sijpkes <pa...@hsd.com.au> on 2002/07/24 04:21:42 UTC

lack of detail in xerces 1.4.4 Datatype errors

Hi all,

I'm using Struts 1.1 and am validating using an XSD file for my struts
forms.

I've implemented the ErrorHandler interface in order to retrieve
Datatype errors.  This works great, except for the precious little
information returned by the SAXParseException.

For example:
"org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Datatype error: '' is not a decimal."

There is no indication of which attribute is not a decimal!  This is
incredibly frustrating, is there anyway of finding out which attribute
is not validating correctly?  Another parser library or maybe a method
I can access?

I've noticed Xerces 2 gives much more informative errors but this is
just not an option for me as I'm using Tomcat 4 and Struts which both
depend on Xerces 1.4.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,
Paul