Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Rizzo, Mike" <Mi...@ubs.com> on 2003/11/18 21:10:15 UTC

How to Determine if a Spreadsheet Contains Macros or VBA

Hi,

I would like to use POI to determine if a spreadsheet contains macros or
VBA.  Is this possible with POI?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Mike Rizzo

Please do not transmit orders or instructions regarding a UBS account by
email. The information provided in this email or any attachments is not an
official transaction confirmation or account statement. For your protection,
do not include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card
numbers, passwords or other non-public information in your email. Because
the information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential,
proprietary or otherwise protected from disclosure, please notify us
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer
if you have received this communication in error.  Thank you.

UBS Financial Services Inc.
UBS International Inc.

Re: How to Determine if a Spreadsheet Contains Macros or VBA

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Yes.  Use the (org.apache.poi.poifs.dev.)POIFSViewer to get a more specific
name -- however if I recall you can look for a node in the POIFS document
tree called "VBA_MACRO".  You can look at the
(o.a.p.h.usermodel.)HSSFWorkbook source to see how we walk the tree to copy
the macros.

Does that Make sense?

On 11/18/03 12:10 PM, "Rizzo, Mike" <Mi...@ubs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use POI to determine if a spreadsheet contains macros or
> VBA.  Is this possible with POI?  If so, how?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Rizzo
>

> Please do not transmit orders or instructions regarding a UBS account by
> email. The information provided in this email or any attachments is not an
> official transaction confirmation or account statement. For your protection,
> do not include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card
> numbers, passwords or other non-public information in your email. Because
> the information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential,
> proprietary or otherwise protected from disclosure, please notify us
> immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer
> if you have received this communication in error.  Thank you.
>
> UBS Financial Services Inc.
> UBS International Inc.

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.