Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sushant Prusty <su...@gmx.com> on 2014/08/01 15:21:50 UTC

SlopeOneRecommender

Is SlopeOneRecommender has been deprecated. What alternative is there in
its place.

--
Warm Regards,

Sushant Prusty

Re: SlopeOneRecommender

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@gmail.com>.
The two with the most use are the ALS-WR factorized one and the Item-based recommender though we are now beginning to use Item Similarity with a search engine for near real-time recs queries.

Choose your poison, they are all as good or better than the old slope-one, which was meant more for predicting ratings than for getting the best recs to show.

On Aug 3, 2014, at 11:45 PM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

yes.  Slope one was deprecated many moons ago.

What are you trying to build?

Re: SlopeOneRecommender

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.