Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sanket Sharma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/08 00:46:38 UTC

Derby JMX and Geronimo

I don't know if this is the right place to talk about this, but I'm
working on adding JMX to derby. I had certain doubts in mind regarding
the whole GBean and MBean thing (I'm sure this would have been asked
several times before).
Will my calls to ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBean() work inside
Geronimo? I dont see a reason for them to not work, but just wanted to
confirm.
Further, what is there an interoperability between GBeans and MBeans?
Can I expose my MBeans from inside an GBean to expose the
management/monitoring interface or do I need to code some extra
stuff??

If I have a Derby jar with JMX built into it, will it break Geronimo's code?

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Best Regards,
Sanket Sharma