Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/15 00:12:16 UTC

Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10

Hi,

I just installed CouchDBX on my macbook but my app doest not work,
neither sofa.

I thought first I fell into the API change from 0.9 to 0.10 for list but
not enough.

I have quite the same code as index.js from sofa.

When I try to go to
http://127.0.0.1:5984/sofa/_design/sofa/_list/index/recent-posts?descending=true&limit=5

I have : {"error":"os_process_error","reason":"{exit_status,133}"}

Sofa is an empty db just created with couchapp.

For index.js, I thought it was due to the return
template(templates.index.tail...) that I thought could be
send(template(templates.index.tail...) but that's not this.

So I do not know if it comes from CouchdbX or Sofa.

The only things that works well is Futon.

So is sofa compatible with 0.10 or do I have an issue with CouchdbX ?

Any thoughts on this ?
Nicolas

Re: Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10

Posted by Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com>.
2009/10/15 Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com>

> Jan Lehnardt a écrit :
>
>  Thanks a lot Nicolas, that's a lot of data to work with! :)
>>

> No problem :)
>
> If you want screenshots or more data/details regarding errors of the test
> suite, just ask :)
>
> Nicolas

Thinking again about it : could it be due to the fact that my mac boots on a
32 bits kernel and is 64 bits for the rest ?

Jan, did you make some progress on the issue I had ?

Btw, the sofa version I used at this time was correct against 0.10 version -
tested against Fedora package.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Steinmetz
http://www.steinmetz.fr - http://nicolas.steinmetz.fr/

Re: Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10

Posted by Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot Nicolas, that's a lot of data to work with! :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10

Posted by Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Nicolas,

the error looks familiar. By the time of the release I heard it once
and put it off as setup weirdness. But I've gotten at least one other
report (hey Nils :) that looks similar.

Can you first try to run the test suite in Firefox(!). The built-in
web view won't work. (sorry about that :).

It should fail with similar errors in which case I could use all the
system information you have: OS version, prior couchdb installs,
macports yes/no, CouchDB with macports yes/no and really anything you
can think of :)

Like Chris said, thanks for reporting, I hope to get this hammered out
as soon as possible.

Cheers
Jan

Re: Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed CouchDBX on my macbook but my app doest not work, neither
>> sofa.
>>
>> I thought first I fell into the API change from 0.9 to 0.10 for list but not
>> enough.
>>
>> I have quite the same code as index.js from sofa.
>>
>> When I try to go to
>> http://127.0.0.1:5984/sofa/_design/sofa/_list/index/recent-posts?descending=true&limit=5
>>
>> I have : {"error":"os_process_error","reason":"{exit_status,133}"}
>>
>> Sofa is an empty db just created with couchapp.
>>
>> For index.js, I thought it was due to the return
>> template(templates.index.tail...) that I thought could be
>> send(template(templates.index.tail...) but that's not this.
>>
>> So I do not know if it comes from CouchdbX or Sofa.
>>
>> The only things that works well is Futon.
>>
>> So is sofa compatible with 0.10 or do I have an issue with CouchdbX ?
>>

> First of all, thanks for raising your question. Without feedback it's
> hard to know how well things are working for people.
>
> Sofa should be compatible with 0.10. Which version do you have? You
> may want to update to the latest git head, or couchapp clone from
> jchrisa.net.
>
> It could be that the js runner is having an issue on your platform.
> I'm not sure what the best way to test this is.

The best way to is make sure temp views work in Futon. If they do,
then it's probably a Sofa version mismatch.

/me slaps forehead

If you get stuck at that point #couchdb on IRC might serve you well also.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10