Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by kartheek muthyala <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/07 15:00:05 UTC

Any daemon?

Hi all,
I am interested in knowing, if there is any background daemon in hadoop
which runs for regular periods checking if all the data copies(blocks as
listed in block map) do exist and are not corrupted?. Can you please point
me to that piece of code in hadoop?
Thanks,
Kartheek.

Re: Any daemon?

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <ma...@huawei.com>.
 You can look at BlockPoolSliceScanner#scan method. This is in trunk code.

 You can find this logic in DataBlockScanner#run in earlier versions.

Regards,
Uma