Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by steph <st...@conviva.com> on 2008/05/22 02:38:14 UTC

missing CompressionLevel for ZLibCompressor.

[ I sent that core-user mailing list and realized it would be more
pertinent on that mailing list; i am not on that
mailing list, could you please CC me in any reply]

All,

The class ZLibCompressor contains a enum for the CompressionLevel, and
only a few compression
levels have been implemented. Is there a reason for that?

I 'd like to add all the levels (0-9). How do i proceed to check-in
that change?

Thanks,

S.

Re: missing CompressionLevel for ZLibCompressor.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On May 21, 2008, at 5:38 PM, steph wrote:

> I 'd like to add all the levels (0-9). How do i proceed to check-in
> that change?

Please create a jira at (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
HADOOP) describing the change, make a patch (using svn diff), upload
it to your jira, and mark your jira as patch available.

The whole process in a lot more detail is on the wiki:

-- Owen