Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lars Bonnesen <la...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/09 21:51:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache seems to crash leading all sites in a multi site environment to access /var/apache2/htdocs

Installing Apache2 on OpenBSD5.6 as Nginx is now default htttd on OpenBSD
and I am more familiar with Apache.

Allthough... I am facing this weird issue:

A multi site setup. Several virtual hosts on one IP.

If I am doing a

apachectl2 stop
and

apachectl2 start
all sites runs fine untill it seems that Apache is crashing and restarting
resulting in all sites accessing /var/apache2/htdocs eventhough that site
is not defined ANYwhere!!!

Doing a

apachectl2 restart
restults in the same thing - but if I am doing the stop, start thing... I
am up and running for some minutes again...

Where to look for hints??? Anyone seen something similar to this before?

Regards, Lars.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache seems to crash leading all sites in a multi site environment to access /var/apache2/htdocs

Posted by Lars Bonnesen <la...@gmail.com>.
No, it doesn't make any sense. I agree.

Apache is no longer in OpenBSD base. The OpenBSD guys are shipping OpenBSD
with Nginx these days.

But... I have now uninstalled Apache2 and I am now trying Apache(1) which
for now seems to work correctly (meaning no crashing and shuffeling sites
around)

Regards, Lars.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Posted by Lars Bonnesen <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi, and thank you for your input.

Well... DocumentRoot is commented out from httpd2.conf.

httpd2.conf includes the file httpd-vhosts.conf and in here, I define all
my virtual sites.

It is read when I do a "apachestl2 start", but now when httpd is running
and I am doing a "apachectl restart".

Furthermore apache seems to crash and then (i guess) reissues some sort of
apachectl restart by itself leading all the virtual hosts to be dropped...

?

Regards, Lars.

Posted by "Patton, Billy N" <bi...@h3net.com>.