Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Kris Sterckx <kr...@nuagenetworks.net> on 2017/09/04 20:30:34 UTC

Re: [README][Quarterly Call] - CloudStack Development, Blockers and Community Efforts

Hi ilya ,

For Nuage Networks development :

<NUAGE>

   <Feature>

       <Subject>Network migration support</Subject>

       <Summary>Generic network and VPC migration support to a new Physical
network (and new network/vpc offering), tested for Native to Nuage networks
deployments and v.v.</Summary>

    <Design>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Physical+Networking+Migration
</Design>

       <JIRA>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-10024</JIRA>

       <PR>https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2259</PR>

       <Lead Developer>Sigert Goeminne</Lead Developer>

       <Release Target>4.11.0.0</Release Target>

   </Feature>

   <Feature>

       <Subject>Extra DHCP options support</Subject>

       <Summary>Extra DHCP options support on per vNIC basis through new
generic API and framework, implemented for Nuage VSP initially
only</Summary>

<Design>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+extra+DHCP+option+support
</Design>

       <JIRA>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9776</JIRA>

       <PR>https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2049</PR>

       <Lead Developer>Sigert Goeminne</Lead Developer>

       <Release Target>4.11.0.0</Release Target>

   </Feature>

   <Feature>

       <Subject>VPC Inline LB</Subject>

       <Summary>LoadBalancer implementation, which is in basis a system vm
like Internal LB, combined with static nat rules.</Summary>

       <Design>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=61340894
</Design>

       <JIRA>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9282</JIRA>

       <PR>https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2010</PR>

       <Lead Developer>Urvi Shah</Lead Developer>

       <Release Target>4.11.0.0</Release Target>

   </Feature>

   <Feature>

       <Subject>Statistics / Caching</Subject>

       <Summary>Latest Nuage Client code, with support for Caching of VSD
Ids (External Ids), and keeping API statistics (Call counts).</Summary>

       <JIRA>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-10053</JIRA>

       <PR>https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2238</PR>

       <Lead Developer>Sigert Goeminne</Lead Developer>

       <Release Target>4.11.0.0</Release Target>

   </Feature>

   <Feature>

       <Subject>Config Drive</Subject>

       <Summary>Adding Config Drive support for isolated networks and VPC,
by adding a dedicated provider. Generating the ISO by Secondary Storage
VM.</Summary>

    <Design>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Using+ConfigDrive...
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Using+ConfigDrive+for+Metadata%2C+Userdata+and+Password>
</Design>

       <JIRA>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9813</JIRA>

       <PR>https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2097</PR>

       <Lead Developer>Frank Maximus</Lead Developer>

       <Release Target>4.11.0.0</Release Target>

   </Feature>

   <Feature>

       <Subject>Nuage VSP 5.0 Support</Subject>

       <JIRA>TBD</JIRA>

       <PR>TBD</PR>

       <Lead Developer>Frank Maximus</Lead Developer>

       <Release Target>4.11.0.0</Release Target>

   </Feature>

</NUAGE>

Thanks for organizing !

cheers,

Kris

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to get this out earlier but missed the
window. Here are the things that we are working on

<Cloudops>
<Feature>
<Subject> Baremetal using MaaS </Subject>
<Lead Developer> Syed Ahmed </Lead Developer>
<Summary>We want to add baremetal functionality in Cloudstack for advanced
networks using MaaS which offers a wide varity of options for provisioning
baremetal servers.
</Summary>
<Design>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/MaaS+Integration+for+Baremetal+Provisioning+in+Cloudstack
</Design>
<JIRA> CLOUDSTACK-9913 </JIRA>
<PR> TBD </PR>
<Release Target>4.11.0</Release Target>
</Feature>
</Cloudops>

<GSoC>
<Feature>
<Subject> NoVNC Console </Subject>
<Lead Developer> Sachin Patil </Lead Developer>
<Summary>To create a better VNC client for Cloudstack using noVNC </Summary>
<Design>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/noVNC+support+for+Cloudstack
</Design>
<JIRA> CLOUDSTACK-10025 </JIRA>