Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2021/06/22 21:54:50 UTC

Log4j master branch

I have asked on the Maven dev list about the process of building modules that contain test jars. It seems the recommended
approach for test jars in general has changed and it is now recommended to build them in their own project.  This means
log4j-core would only contain the main source and that log4j-core-tests would have the test classes as its main source and
the log4j-core unit tests in src/test/java.

I have my doubts that this will work but I plan on giving this a try when I get some time.

Ralph

Re: Log4j master branch

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I’ve been making good progress on the bean stuff. Hopefully untangling the
annotation processor from the annotations and the service class will help
IDE compatibility. As it is, I’ve been running tests from the command line
in individual modules as suggested by Ralph. While not ideal, it’s turned
out to take only slightly longer than the test run buttons in the IDE
anyways. And if we can get tests to execute as quickly as in the API
module, then it doesn’t matter all that much if IDEs struggle still.

Re: Log4j master branch

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: Log4j master branch

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com>.
I would have expected the build to fail (via maven-enforcer-plugin?) when
the build is run with a JDK that is not 8.

Re: Log4j master branch

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Log4j master branch

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.