Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joe Trewin <jo...@canfactory.com> on 2006/01/27 18:31:32 UTC

Announcement: condense.it - a tapestry-based website - goes live

Hi,

Just want to announce another Tapestry-based website.

I work for a technology consultancy and development company in London,
UK called Can Factory Ltd. (http://www.canfactory.com).

We've recently put live a self-funded service called Condense.It:
http://condense.it/

This is a simple URL shortening service (similar to TinyURL) which uses
Tapestry 4 as a front-end to a set of HiveMind services.

Whilst a very simple site, it's development served several purposes for
us:

1. Proof-of-concept for using Tapestry as our core web technology.
2. A useful utility for us to use in our larger projects (which
frequently generate very long URLs).

Tapestry has proved to induce extremely rapid development, and, more
importantly for us, provides us with a way to build highly modular
systems, often spread across several projects which we can use to
assemble working prototypes/skeletons for the project in-hand.

Condense.it is a live service, however has not been moved to it's final
home, so is currently running on a box hosted at our HQ (so is not
guarranteed to always be available just yet). It will be moved to an ISP
host in the next couple of months.

So, congratulations to the Tapestry team for a great product, and also
congratulations to Howard and others for HiveMind, which has
significantly improved the way we design and build software.

(PS. I'll add this to the WIKI shortly.)

Joe Trewin
Head of Development
Can Factory Ltd
http://www.canfactory.com

Re: Announcement: condense.it - a tapestry-based website - goes live

Posted by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>.
On Friday 27 January 2006 17:31, Joe Trewin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just want to announce another Tapestry-based website.
>
> I work for a technology consultancy and development company in London,
> UK called Can Factory Ltd. (http://www.canfactory.com).
>
> We've recently put live a self-funded service called Condense.It:
> http://condense.it/

Some strange behaviour under Konqueror, not seen with Firefox.

The arrows on the left hand menu are repeated (ie there are two in each row)
and the second one overlaps the menu text.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Re: Announcement: condense.it - a tapestry-based website - goes live

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Hi joe,
you might like to create your own Exception page,
cause the default one provides too many internal details...

For instance, see this:
http://condense.it/Features2.html