Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Washeim <es...@canuck.com> on 2000/06/05 01:43:30 UTC

Somewhat desperate . . . . (IBM Websphere)

eurofootball.com development which has gone smoothly with jserv and tomcat
both has finally run against a wall with websphere. Websphere had been ok,
thus far, but for the context. Now, however, I'm using the session with
cocoon 1.7.4 and

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for
_toctraverse.java
82: Method getAttribute(java.lang.String) not found in interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
                rcdNode = (Element)session.getAttribute("rcdNode") ;

Hmmm, I says. Looks like a very old jsdk (aka 2.1?). I know it's websphere
2.x and apache 1.3.6 (aka IBMHTTPD). . .

Ok, if anyone, especially the IBM crew ( :) ) has any idea about whether I
can can simply 'upgrade' the jsdk jar to, say 2.2, I might actually survive
this week. Otherwise, damnation!

In a pinch, I can install apache and jserv on that machine, but, I'm really,
really stressed for time (it's the damn Euro 2000 competition coming and I
have to finish the site!) ...

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim
TD, Large Medium, AB

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'

Evan S. Connell

Re: Somewhat desperate . . . . (IBM Websphere)

Posted by Mark Washeim <es...@canuck.com>.
Err, sorry about that, it's been a very long day and I'm getting twitchy ;)

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

Posted by Mark Washeim <es...@canuck.com>.

Posted by Mark Washeim <es...@canuck.com>.
on 5/6/00 2:02 am, Ricardo Rocha at ricardo@apache.org wrote:

>> eurofootball.com development which has gone smoothly with jserv and tomcat
>> both has finally run against a wall with websphere. Websphere had been ok,
>> thus far, but for the context. Now, however, I'm using the session with
>> cocoon 1.7.4 and
>>
>> java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for
>> _toctraverse.java
>> 82: Method getAttribute(java.lang.String) not found in interface
>> javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
>> rcdNode = (Element)session.getAttribute("rcdNode") ;
>
> Use getValue() instead of getAttribute()

Thanks very much, though, I was hoping to keep the environments in synch.

But it does save my butt :) I'd forgotten everything I once knew, having
moved to tomcat . . .

Posted by Ricardo Rocha <ri...@apache.org>.