Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kogan Irina <Ir...@mchp.siemens.de> on 2003/05/27 13:55:34 UTC

Logging in cocoon.

Hello everybody,

I am using getLogger() function in my action for debugging purposes.
However, for some reason the file to which the logging should go is always
empty (this file has been created after I specified it in the logkit.xconf).
I tried enableLogging(getLogger()) but it did not help.  Does anybody know
how I can get it to work?

Thanks a lot!

Irina.

Re: Logging in cocoon.

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
Irina,

some wild guesses from a distance
(maybe including the relevant parts of the code, the logkit.xconf
and cocoon.xconf could help us narrowing that distance)

- mismatch in the debugging level?
- some of this logging is through buffered outputstreams, not
untill those get flushed you will see the info in the log

HTH
-marc=