Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Prem kalyan <pr...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/24 18:40:59 UTC

help ! security realms

hi all,
       I am going through the security part of geronimo and the
corresponding deployment descriptor elements.I have few questions in
this regard

          1. What are all the different security realms supported in geronimo.
          2. What values does the attribute 'realm-name' in tag <realm> takes.
          3. What is the equivalent in geronimo  for "filerealm" in weblogic.

thanks in advance .

P.S If any of you can send me ur icq nos , i can get my doubts cleared quickly.

--
regards,
prem

Re: help ! security realms

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
On 25/08/2004 2:43 AM, Prem kalyan wrote:

>hi all,
>       I am going through the security part of geronimo and the
>corresponding deployment descriptor elements.I have few questions in
>this regard
>
>          1. What are all the different security realms supported in geronimo.
>          2. What values does the attribute 'realm-name' in tag <realm> takes.

Hi Prem,

I think that you should have a look to a previous thread named "Security
providers". Alan is describing how the security layer is implemented and
covers more or less these questions.

>          3. What is the equivalent in geronimo  for "filerealm" in weblogic.

If you have a look in var/security of a Geronimo installation, you will
see for instance a users.properties file. This guy is to Geronimo what
fileRealm.properties is for WebLogic (OK, the WebLogic one does not
store the password in clear).

Cheers,
Gianny

help ! security realms