Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sandra Kosmalla <sk...@web.de> on 2015/01/27 15:18:56 UTC

Question about Java version range using in Maven Enforcer Plugin

Hi,

I want to set the RequiredJavaVersion rule in Maven Enforcer Plugin with
the requirement that using Java in versions 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 is possible
(independent of update version). So I set the value [1.6,1.8] in the
property "version" in the RequiredJavaVersion rule. If I configure Java
8 in my JAVA_HOME, the build failed because of the rule RequiredJavaVersion.

The goal enforcer:display-info prints following information

[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.3.1:display-info (default-cli) @  ---
[INFO] Maven Version: 3.2.5
[INFO] JDK Version: 1.8.0_31 normalized as: 1.8.0-31
[INFO] OS Info: Arch: amd64 Family: unix Name: linux Version:
3.13.0-37-generic

I have to set the range value to [1.6,1.8.0.*] so that the build runs
successfully.

I discussed with my team how they interprets the range value [1.6,1.8].
They would interpret this as every Java 8 version is possible. Is this a
misinterpretation of us? What do you say about it?

Thanks and best regards,

Sandra Kosmalla

Re: Question about Java version range using in Maven Enforcer Plugin

Posted by Sandra Kosmalla <sk...@web.de>.
Hi Curtis,

thanks for your explanation. Your suggestion works.

Regards,

Sandra

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Sandra,