Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/25 03:00:57 UTC

Transaction and Connector jars untied from g. kernel

see GERONIMO-3344.

Following years of urging from activemq/jencks/servicemix and more
recent urging from openejb I finally split off the tx and connector
modules into bits that implement the functionality w/o geronimo fluff
and geronimo integration jars.

The functional bits are now under components/txmanager/trunk.  I have
server/trunk compiling and appearing to work on my local machine.

If no one objects I'll commit my local changes to trunk later tonight
so g 2.1-SNAPSHOT will be using the new jars.

new jars have groupId org.apache.geronimo.components, and artifactIds
geronimo-transaction and geronimo-connector, and version 2.0-SNAPSHOT.

I'd really appreciate a review of the dir structure and poms from
e.g. jdillon since I suspect a better structure may be possible.
There is a dependency on the genesis 1.2-SNAPSHOT pom, this also is
in g. trunk.

if all goes well perhaps we can release the new jars in a day or two
and then openejb can release without a dependency on geronimo server.

thanks
david jencks

Re: Transaction and Connector jars untied from g. kernel

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Sounds like positive direction.  +1

I'm about to go out for dinner now, but I will review the bits in the
components/* tree later tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,

--jason

> see GERONIMO-3344.
>
> Following years of urging from activemq/jencks/servicemix and more
> recent urging from openejb I finally split off the tx and connector
> modules into bits that implement the functionality w/o geronimo
> fluff and geronimo integration jars.
>
> The functional bits are now under components/txmanager/trunk.  I
> have server/trunk compiling and appearing to work on my local machine.
>
> If no one objects I'll commit my local changes to trunk later
> tonight so g 2.1-SNAPSHOT will be using the new jars.
>
> new jars have groupId org.apache.geronimo.components, and
> artifactIds geronimo-transaction and geronimo-connector, and
> version 2.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> I'd really appreciate a review of the dir structure and poms from
> e.g. jdillon since I suspect a better structure may be possible.
> There is a dependency on the genesis 1.2-SNAPSHOT pom, this also is
> in g. trunk.
>
> if all goes well perhaps we can release the new jars in a day or
> two and then openejb can release without a dependency on geronimo
> server.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

Re: Transaction and Connector jars untied from g. kernel

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
I will take a look. We should prolly start using the remote-resources stuff. Will peep at it tomorrow.

--jason

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Sweet!

Thanks,

-dain

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I wont be able to review until my vacations are over, but the idea is
really good. Thanks a lot David!

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet