Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2006/01/20 00:02:29 UTC

[logging] 1.1 release manager?

we should really start talking about electing an official release
manager about now.

simon - do you think you'll have the time for this (over the next month
or so) or would you be happier driving the actual work with me
performing the official role?

- robert

Re: [logging] 1.1 release manager?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 12:07 +1300, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 23:02 +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > we should really start talking about electing an official release
> > manager about now.
> >
> > simon - do you think you'll have the time for this (over the next month
> > or so) or would you be happier driving the actual work with me
> > performing the official role?
>
> As you've done JCL releases before, I'm very happy for you to do this if
> you've got time.
>
> I'm going to be away on holiday between 27 jan and 6 feb, hopefully
> after a first RC has been done for people to evaluate. It would be nice
> to have a release manager around over that period which also suggests
> that it might be better for you to do that.
>
> However I know you're pretty busy. I did do the last digester release,
> so I don't mind taking on this JCL release if you've got too much on at
> the moment. I expect to be busyish but not completely overloaded in the
> next month or so, so I can find the time somewhere.

for me, it's more a question of priorities (than simply being busy). it
sounds like it makes sense for me to cut this one so i'll shuffle stuff
around so that this release is towards the top.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 23:02 +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> we should really start talking about electing an official release
> manager about now.
>
> simon - do you think you'll have the time for this (over the next month
> or so) or would you be happier driving the actual work with me
> performing the official role?

As you've done JCL releases before, I'm very happy for you to do this if
you've got time.

I'm going to be away on holiday between 27 jan and 6 feb, hopefully
after a first RC has been done for people to evaluate. It would be nice
to have a release manager around over that period which also suggests
that it might be better for you to do that.

However I know you're pretty busy. I did do the last digester release,
so I don't mind taking on this JCL release if you've got too much on at
the moment. I expect to be busyish but not completely overloaded in the
next month or so, so I can find the time somewhere.

Cheers,

Simon