Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jaspreet Singh <Ja...@quark.co.in> on 2004/01/21 14:47:30 UTC

soap headers

Hi All

note - i am using axis c++ beta version.

1. what are there two types of headers - input and output? what is their
purpose? (http headers)

2. on client side we set soap headers in the soap stream. but these don't
get serialized in the soap message since we don't construct the soapheader
class anywhere. how can i do this? (the headers are serialized as http
header but not in the soap msg)
if we serialize the header in the soap message will the server be able to
retrieve it and process it?

TIA
Jaspreet

RE: soap headers

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Jaspreet,

input are the http headers (such as ContentLength, SOAPAction )that is
received and outputs are the http headers to be sent.

> 2. on client side we set soap headers in the soap stream. but these don't
> get serialized in the soap message since we don't construct the soapheader
> class anywhere. how can i do this?
you have to use the provided Serializer API functions to add headers.

> (the headers are serialized as http
> header but not in the soap msg)
> if we serialize the header in the soap message will the server be able to
> retrieve it and process it?

yes. But there should be a handler written and configured to read and
process the headers.

Jaspreet shall we move to using the code in CVS HEAD. We are rapidly going
to support headers in the best way.

Also lets discuss these in axis-c-user mailing list instead of axis-dev.

Thanks,

Susantha.

RE: soap headers

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.