Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/02 03:52:44 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1621584 - /commons/cms-site/trunk/content/xdoc/security.xml

On 31 August 2014 11:42,  <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: bodewig
> Date: Sun Aug 31 10:42:53 2014
> New Revision: 1621584

> Log:
> CMS commit to commons by bodewig
>
> Added:
>     commons/cms-site/trunk/content/xdoc/security.xml   (with props)

> Added: commons/cms-site/trunk/content/xdoc/security.xml
> Binary file - no diff available.

Not ideal for a text file ;-)

> Propchange: commons/cms-site/trunk/content/xdoc/security.xml
>     svn:mime-type = application/xml

-1 (for the property)

SVN treats that mime-type as binary; either drop it or use text/xml instead

Re: svn commit: r1621584 - /commons/cms-site/trunk/content/xdoc/security.xml

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 September 2014 11:18, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> -1 (for the property)
>>
>>> SVN treats that mime-type as binary; either drop it or use text/xml instead
>>
>> This is what the CMS seems to do when you create a new file via the web UI.
>
> There's something very odd going on.
> I created an empty .xml file via CMS and it is OK.
> But when I try to create another file via browse/upload it barfs:
>
> Error
>
> Illegal target for the requested operation: File
> '...test-svnprop3.xml' has binary mime type property at
> /usr/local/cms/webgui/lib/ASF/CMS/WC/Add.pm line 143
>
> This applies to uploading from both an existing xml file and a new test file.
> [But I guess CMS does not know these are existing files].
>
> I wonder if the issue is that I'm using MacOS / Firefox?
> What are you using?
>
> I'll try and investigate further and raise a bug with Infra.

Raised

about the Add.pm error.

Maybe fixing this will fix the error you encountered as well, or maybe
it is a separate error.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2014-09-02, sebb wrote:

> I created an empty .xml file via CMS and it is OK.
> But when I try to create another file via browse/upload it barfs:

> Error

> Illegal target for the requested operation: File
> '...test-svnprop3.xml' has binary mime type property at

I received the same error when I saved the file for the first time.

> I wonder if the issue is that I'm using MacOS / Firefox?
> What are you using?

pretty recent Linux / Firefox.

> How did you create the new xml file?

All via the UI:

* browse to directory in workspace
* click "edit this directory"
* enter filename, press return
* enter content
* submit (I think I also selected "quick commit") - this is where I
  received the same error you describe.

Stefan

Re: svn commit: r1621584 - /commons/cms-site/trunk/content/xdoc/security.xml

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 September 2014 04:59, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2014-09-02, sebb wrote:
>
>>> Propchange: commons/cms-site/trunk/content/xdoc/security.xml
>>>     svn:mime-type = application/xml
>

>> -1 (for the property)
>
>> SVN treats that mime-type as binary; either drop it or use text/xml instead
>
> This is what the CMS seems to do when you create a new file via the web UI.

There's something very odd going on.
I created an empty .xml file via CMS and it is OK.
But when I try to create another file via browse/upload it barfs:

Error

Illegal target for the requested operation: File
'...test-svnprop3.xml' has binary mime type property at
/usr/local/cms/webgui/lib/ASF/CMS/WC/Add.pm line 143

This applies to uploading from both an existing xml file and a new test file.
[But I guess CMS does not know these are existing files].

I wonder if the issue is that I'm using MacOS / Firefox?
What are you using?

I'll try and investigate further and raise a bug with Infra.

Turns out that the CMS has created test-svnprop3.xml and added the
mime-type application/xml so the error message is to be expected.
Though of course it should not create the empty entry with that
property.

Huh? I don't now seem to be able to create an empty xml file without
triggering the issue.

And it's odd that you were able to create the file with the wrong
settings, given that I get an error from Add.pm

How did you create the new xml file?

> Fixed.

Thanks.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.