Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org> on 2014/09/24 02:19:47 UTC

Re: Specifying a zone,pod,cluster and host when adding an instance in cloudtack

> This works fine. So now I need to add an instance by specifying a
> zone,pod,cluster and a host. How can I do that?

There are a number of CloudStack-specific things that you can set by
supplying CloudStackTemplateOptions [1] to the Template. See the EC2
guide for an example (search for AWSEC2TemplateOptions). It doesn't
seem like all the properties you need are supported there, however.

In that case, you can always go to the provider-specific API and call
the appropriate CloudStack APIs directly [3]. That means that your
code is tied to a specific provider, of course, but if you need to do
CloudStack-specific things, that's a tradeoff you can make.

See [4] for more details.

Hope this helps!

ap

[1]
http://javadocs.jclouds.cloudbees.net/org/jclouds/cloudstack/compute/options/CloudStackTemplateOptions.html
[2] http://jclouds.apache.org/guides/aws/
[3]
http://javadocs.jclouds.cloudbees.net/org/jclouds/cloudstack/features/VirtualMachineApi.html
[4] http://jclouds.apache.org/start/concepts/

Re: Specifying a zone,pod,cluster and host when adding an instance in cloudtack

Posted by Asanka sanjaya Herath <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Andrew, your Answer is really helpful. I'll go through it and try
to achieve my goal.

Thanks.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 5:49 AM, Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> This works fine. So now I need to add an instance by specifying a
>> zone,pod,cluster and a host. How can I do that?
>>

> There are a number of CloudStack-specific things that you can set by
> supplying CloudStackTemplateOptions [1] to the Template. See the EC2 guide
> for an example (search for AWSEC2TemplateOptions). It doesn't seem like all
> the properties you need are supported there, however.
>
> In that case, you can always go to the provider-specific API and call the
> appropriate CloudStack APIs directly [3]. That means that your code is tied
> to a specific provider, of course, but if you need to do
> CloudStack-specific things, that's a tradeoff you can make.
>
> See [4] for more details.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> ap
>
> [1] http://javadocs.jclouds.cloudbees.net/org/jclouds/
> cloudstack/compute/options/CloudStackTemplateOptions.html
> [2] http://jclouds.apache.org/guides/aws/
> [3] http://javadocs.jclouds.cloudbees.net/org/jclouds/cloudstack/features/
> VirtualMachineApi.html
> [4] http://jclouds.apache.org/start/concepts/