Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/07 07:29:04 UTC

Struts Upload - java.io.WriteAbortedException on DiskFile ??

I keep getting the exception below in my log files after I upload and write a
file to disk.  I'm using code from the struts-upload example.  Could it be that
my application is marked distributed in web.xml or my Form that holds this file
is marked Serializable?

Thanks,

Matt

========================== Exception ===============================

java.io.WriteAbortedException: Writing aborted by exception;
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.a
pache.struts.upload.DiskFile
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:445)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputClassFields(ObjectInputStream.java:2263)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadObject(ObjectInputStream.java:519)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1412)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:386)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObject(StandardSession.java:1268)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObjectData(StandardSession.java:810)
        at org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore.load(FileStore.java:317)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StoreBase.processExpires(StoreBase.java:295)
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StoreBase.run(StoreBase.java:350)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

========================== Code ===============================

        try {
            //retrieve the file data
            InputStream stream = file.getInputStream();

            //write the file to the file specified
            OutputStream bos = new FileOutputStream(filePath);
            int bytesRead = 0;
            byte[] buffer = new byte[8192];
            while ((bytesRead = stream.read(buffer, 0, 8192)) != -1) {
                bos.write(buffer, 0, bytesRead);
            }

            bos.close();

            //close the stream
            stream.close();
        } catch (FileNotFoundException fnfe) {
            System.err.println("FileNotFoundException: " + fnfe);
            fnfe.printStackTrace();
        } catch (IOException ioe) {
            System.err.println("IOException: " + ioe);
            ioe.printStackTrace();
        }

        //destroy the temporary file created
        file.destroy();