Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Vasily Makarov <va...@ultratendency.com> on 2020/06/10 13:45:14 UTC

NiFi module with curator error

Hi all!

  1.  Which NiFi module can throw such an error? nifi-framework-core? This exception is due that not all zookeeper nodes defined in logs are up and running.
  2.  2. Can this connection request to the curator/zookeper be found in java code in some particular line of code? Or is it like in the configuration side?

2020-01-16 08:58:28,767 ERROR [Curator-Framework-0] o.a.c.f.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl Background retry gave up
org.apache.curator.CuratorConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.performBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:972)
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.backgroundOperationsLoop(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:943)
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.access$300(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:66)
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl$4.call(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:346)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

(I'm working on https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-7035   - right now my idea is to implement custom turbo filter in logbase to limit this spam of CuratorFrameworkImpl logs. Any help would be appreciated)

Re: NiFi module with curator error

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Vasily,

The code that deals with Curator is in nifi-framework-core in the CuratorLeaderElectionManager.

I do think it makes sense though to look at the "-Dcurator-log-only-first-connection-issue-as-error-level=true” option first. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, it may make sense to look at fixing the issue in Curator itself, rather than trying to put something into NiFi to work around the issue. Seems if NiFi is running into this issue, others likely are as well.

Thanks
-Mark