Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it> on 2002/02/06 12:04:11 UTC

Re: How to create a mailing list in James ?

I am just subscribe to this mailinglist.
I have a problem with the mailing list setting and I saw in the archive that someone have just solve the same problem.

This is the mailet that I set inside my config.xml:

        <processor name="root">

          <mailet match="RecipientIs=test@localhost" class="AvalonListserv">
                        <membersonly> true </membersonly>
                        <attachmentsallowed> true </attachmentsallowed>
                        <replytolist> true </replytolist>
                        <membersPath> file://var/users/list-james</membersPath>
          </mailet>

        </processor>

I create a user and I try to subscribe this user to this mailing list but nothing happen.
I look inside the error directory and I see this message:

	From: "Davide\(James\)" <da...@localhost>
	To: <te...@localhost>
	Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:44:36 +0100

Where am I in wrong?
Thanks.

		Davide Frigerio

PS: if it's helpful I notice that the list-james directory is empty, is it correct?

Posted by Ermanno Iannacci <er...@libero.it>.
I created some mailing list adding this:

      <repository name="name-of-list"

class="org.apache.james.userrepository.UsersFileRepository">
        <destination URL="file://var/lists/name-of-list/"/>
      </repository>

I looked the docs, and I see that where you put <membersPath>, docs says you
should write <repositoryName>

I'm gonna try...

Ermanno Iannacci

Posted by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it>.
I don't know, I don't receive any message and the directory contains nothings.

		Davide Frigerio

Posted by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it>.
I am glad for your response!
I want to say you that I'am doing some other things, James is not my life?
A question: where I can find some documentation to "I'd mess about with the
mailet config
if I was you"? The existing doc are very poor!
Again I want to say to Mr. Angus that I have just tried all the possible
config on my machine.

There someone who could gieve me hints?

		Davide Frigerio.

Ps: Mi dispiace che il mio inglese non sia buono abbastanza per ciapà in gir
anca ti.

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

Posted by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it>.
I tried the domain names solution too, the result is the same.

where do my messages end up? They disappear! The log message lists that the message was sent correctly.

A question: where james memorized the active mailing-list? Doesn't it create a subdirectory inside list-james directory?
If it's required the problem is the mailinglist inizialition because my list-james directory is empty.

		Davide Frigerio

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Ermanno Iannacci <er...@libero.it>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

Posted by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it>.
Where and How I can specify AvalonListServCommand?
Can you help me?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.