Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr> on 2003/12/26 15:32:20 UTC

Axis J2ME is now available

Although it was a little late, Axis J2ME is now in ws-axis/contrib/j2me.
JSR-172 J2ME Web Services consists of two parts, RPC and XML, so Axis J2ME
provides ws-axis/contrib/j2me/rpc and ws-axis/contrib/j2me/xml
respectively.

I'd like to tell you that this very first version of Axis J2ME is just a
start. We need more documentation and test cases for that. It's quite tough
because you can't just simply work with Axis J2ME on your PC. I hope Axis
J2ME be a great opportunity for those in Apache to get into the J2ME world.
My next wish is making an open source implementation based on Batik for JSR-
226 Scalable 2D Vector Graphics API for J2ME.

Thanks for your interest,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
JSR 201, JSR 204 and JSR 222 EG member
Apache Axis (JAX-RPC and SAAJ) and JaxMe (JAXB) committer
R&D Institute
Tmax Soft, Inc.