Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by William Colen <co...@apache.org> on 2016/12/31 02:24:37 UTC

OpenNLP 1.7.0 RC 1 is ready for testing

Hi all,

Apache OpenNLP 1.7.0 RC 1 is ready for testing.

The RC 1 can be downloaded from here:
http://people.apache.org/~colen/releases/opennlp-1.7.0/rc1/

To use it in a maven build set the version for opennlp-tools or
opennlp-uima to 1.7.0 and add the following URL to your settings.xml file:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopennlp-1006

The current test plan can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/TestPlan1.7.0

Please sign up for tasks in the test plan.

The release plan can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/ReleasePlanAndTasks1.7.0

The release contains quite some changes, please refer to the contained
issue list for details.

For your convenience, a copy of the issue list, as well as the release
notes and the readme, can be found in the following link:

http://people.apache.org/~colen/releases/opennlp-1.7.0/rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Thank you,
William

Re: OpenNLP 1.7.0 RC 1 is ready for testing

Posted by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com>.
The RC 1 is canceled due to missing LICENSE and NOTICE.

We will prepare a new release candidate.

Thank you,
William

> We are missing the LICENSE and NOTICE files in the binary distribution
> and should make a RC2 for the release.
>
> All the manual tests are now automatic, so we don't this long
> test plan anymore.
>
> Jörn
>
> On Sat, 2016-12-31 at 00:24 -0200, William Colen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Apache OpenNLP 1.7.0 RC 1 is ready for testing.
> >
> > The RC 1 can be downloaded from here:
> > http://people.apache.org/~colen/releases/opennlp-1.7.0/rc1/
> >
> > To use it in a maven build set the version for opennlp-tools or
> > opennlp-uima to 1.7.0 and add the following URL to your settings.xml
> > file:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopennlp-1
> > 006
> >
> > The current test plan can be found here:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/TestPlan1.7.0
> >
> > Please sign up for tasks in the test plan.
> >
> > The release plan can be found here:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/ReleasePlanAndTas
> > ks1.7.0
> >
> > The release contains quite some changes, please refer to the
> > contained
> > issue list for details.
> >
> > For your convenience, a copy of the issue list, as well as the
> > release
> > notes and the readme, can be found in the following link:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~colen/releases/opennlp-1.7.0/rc1/RELEASE_NO
> > TES.html
> >

> > Thank you,
> > William

Re: OpenNLP 1.7.0 RC 1 is ready for testing

Posted by ra...@gmail.com.
Hi all,
     We have been using OpenNLP 1.6 for the last few months. Is it possible to use OpenNLP 1.7 jar with Java 1.7 ? I have one suggestion, please try to provide a good documentation for OpenNLP 1.7 version.

Regards,
Rakesh.P

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
We are missing the LICENSE and NOTICE files in the binary distribution
and should make a RC2 for the release.

All the manual tests are now automatic, so we don't this long
test plan anymore.

J�rn

Posted by Chris Collins <ch...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Is there any plan on providing training sets for building things like pos and NER?  I recall there was an issue with what the existing models were trained with ( Wall Street journal or something like that?)

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by William Colen <co...@apache.org>.
Richard,