Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Arash Rajaeeyan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/15 20:44:35 UTC

Question from project owners about 1.1 and 1.2 distribution numbering

Hi I am writing a guide for beginners on how to use MyFaces
I have two questions
I want to know what will be package name for implementation of JSF 1.2 api
on download site
is it going to be:

myfaces-core-1.2.x ?

if so will tomahawk branched to to two different versions one for running on
JSF 1.1 and another for running on JSF 1.2 ?
if answer is positive is tomahawk numbering going to be  like this:

tomahawk-1.1.x.  (run on JSF 1.1)
tomahawk-1.2.x.  (run on JSF 1.2)

Regards
Arash Rajaeeyan

Re: Question from project owners about 1.1 and 1.2 distribution numbering

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, IMO that should be the numbering for MyFaces. I don't know when
there will be tomahawk component working only with version 1.2, but
then, the numbering will be tomahawk-1.2 (or maybe a different
component library for 1.2 components? there is not a decision on that
point yet).
A possible tomahawk-1.2 will only work with JSF 1.2, whereas
tomahawk-1.1 will run both in 1.1 and 1.2.

Cheers,

Bruno