Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rao, Viswanatha" <Vi...@bmc.com> on 2001/05/10 23:19:28 UTC

Apache with Tomcat configuration

When I configure Apache with Tomcat and invoke example Servlet, Apache does
not communicate the request to Tomcat.
However Tomcat on port 8080 brings the servlet.

If I change the Apache port from default 80 to any other port, then Apache
and Tomcat talk to each other and servlet can be invoked through Apache.

Can anyone help me?

Regards
Vishwa

Re: Apache with Tomcat configuration

Posted by Egidijus Drobavicius <eg...@vb.lt>.
Apache and tomcat talks on port 8007 using  Ajp12 protocol.
See if after tomvat startup if there is line like
Ajp12ConnectionHandler on 8007
Then try to telnet to this port (telnet yourhost 8007)
In tomcat console you shoud see exception
Maybe you set wrong communication either on apache side or on tomcat.
Ajp must use same port on both sides.

Egidijus