Posted to user@hive.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/28 11:31:31 UTC

create table error

When I execute "create table tag16(auction int, tagid int, cost double,
title  string, description string) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY
','" , the hive throw "AILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOException:
Couldnt obtain a new sequence (unique id) : Binary logging not possible.
Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog
mode 'STATEMENT'
NestedThrowables:
java.sql.SQLException: Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction
level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT'
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask" error.

Could everyone tell me the reason?

Thanks,

LiuLei

Re: create table error

Posted by Thiruvel Thirumoolan <th...@yahoo-inc.com>.
A web search of that exception should lead you to that recommendation (or use MIXED instead of ROW or disable binary logging at all if you don't want replication).

On Jan 28, 2011, at 7:52 PM, Thiruvel Thirumoolan wrote:

Can you change your MySQL configuration "binlog_format" to "ROW" ? It should be in /etc/my.cnf I guess. Remember to restart mysql server.

-Thiruvel

On Jan 28, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Ajo Fod wrote:

Seems like you are using a MySQL metadata store ... do you have write permissions on the store? ... can you create another table?

If not, perhaps you can try with the plain vanilla metastore and see if the problem persists.

-Ajo.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:31 AM, lei liu <li...@gmail.com>> wrote:
When I execute "create table tag16(auction int, tagid int, cost double,  title  string, description string) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','" , the hive throw "AILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOException: Couldnt obtain a new sequence (unique id) : Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT'
NestedThrowables:
java.sql.SQLException: Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT'
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask" error.

Re: create table error

Re: create table error

Posted by Ajo Fod <aj...@gmail.com>.

Re: create table error

Posted by Laurent Laborde <ke...@gmail.com>.
I don't know the reason.
But i tested it on my computer and it works.

--
Laurent "ker2x" Laborde
Sysadmin & DBA at http://www.over-blog.com/