Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Hampel, Michael" <mi...@atos.net> on 2012/01/11 18:06:30 UTC

Camel netty consumer - AsyncRoutingEngine

hello,

can someone pls tell me the reason(s) why the Netty Consumer is not using an AsyncProcessor when receiving a
message?

thanx in advance for any help,

michael

Re: Camel netty consumer - AsyncRoutingEngine

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Hampel, Michael
<mi...@atos.net> wrote:
> hello,
>
> can someone pls tell me the reason(s) why the Netty Consumer is not using an AsyncProcessor when receiving a
> message?

Yeah I guess in a InOnly mode on the Netty Consumer we can safely use
the async processor.
I just wonder if the Netty Consumer needs to send back a reply,
whether that works the best, from the same thread context, but I
really guess Netty is so async itself, so that shouldn't matter
either. Just that whatever it needs to be done to send back the reply,
is done in the done method of that AsyncCallback.

If  you feel confortable with that API in Camel, then feel free to
work on a patch.
We love contributions.

--
Claus Ibsen