Posted to dev@gobblin.apache.org by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@linkedin.com> on 2018/08/01 21:32:54 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gobblin 0.13.0 release RC0

+1 (binding)

In source release, verified that:
- signature is ok [1]
- LICENSE and NOTICE is ok
- artifact name contains incubating
- source files have license headers
- no binary files are in release
- source compiles successfully

Thanks,
Abhishek

On 7/31/18, 11:25 AM, "Abhishek Tiwari" <ab...@linkedin.com> wrote:

    Thanks Hung for the update. I will review the release later today.

    Abhishek

    On 7/30/18, 5:53 PM, "Hung Tran" <hu...@linkedin.com> wrote:

        Hi all,

        I'd like to call a vote to release Apache Gobblin 0.13.0 (Incubating).

        The source release candidate RC0 can be downloaded here:
        https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gobblin/apache-gobblin-incubating-0.13.0-rc0/

        The artifacts (i.e. JARs) corresponding to this release candidate can be found here:
        https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegobblin-1005/

        This has been signed with PGP key 9BB772F1 corresponding to
        hutran@apache.org, which is included in the repository's KEYS file.

        This key can be found on keyservers, such as:
        http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x<http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x234E3FE3><http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x234E3FE3>
        9BB772F1

        The release candidate has been tagged with release-0.13.0-rc0. I've also created a branch 0.13.0.

        For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 0.13.0: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343492
        <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343492>

        For a summary of the changes in this release, see: https://github.com/apache/incubator-gobblin/blob/0.13.0/CHANGELOG.md

        Please review and vote. The vote will be open for 72 hours (ends on Monday, 2 August 2018, 5:52pm PDT).

         [ ] +1 approve
         [ ] +0 no opinion
         [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

         My vote: +1

        Note: Since there were no votes, I have repurposed RC0 to include the fix to the launcher script from Tamas.

        Thanks,
        Hung.

        ________________________________
Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.
Forgot to add details about [1] in my vote :-)

So, [1] was:
~/Desktop/0.13.0 6s
❯ gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key F62484ED9BB772F1
gpg: key F62484ED9BB772F1: public key "Hung Tran <hu...@apache.org>"
imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1

~/Desktop/0.13.0
❯ gpg --verify apache-gobblin-incubating-bin-0.13.0.tar.gz.asc
gpg: assuming signed data in 'apache-gobblin-incubating-bin-0.13.0.tar.gz'
gpg: Signature made Mon Jul 30 14:44:46 2018 PDT
gpg:                using RSA key F62484ED9BB772F1
gpg: Good signature from "Hung Tran <hu...@apache.org>" [unknown]
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 42E3 C8B5 49A6 B18B 73D9  C6BD F624 84ED 9BB7 72F1

~/Desktop/0.13.0
❯ gpg --verify apache-gobblin-incubating-sources-0.13.0.tgz.asc
gpg: assuming signed data in 'apache-gobblin-incubating-sources-0.13.0.tgz'
gpg: Signature made Mon Jul 30 14:46:43 2018 PDT
gpg:                using RSA key F62484ED9BB772F1
gpg: Good signature from "Hung Tran <hu...@apache.org>" [unknown]
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 42E3 C8B5 49A6 B18B 73D9  C6BD F624 84ED 9BB7 72F1

Thanks
Abhishek

Posted by Issac Buenrostro <is...@gmail.com>.
+1 Thanks Hung!