Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yolanda Ward <yo...@lexisnexis.com> on 2007/09/27 22:13:56 UTC

Newbie need help with client-config.wsdd

I'm new to Axis.  I'm using Axis 1.4.  I need to define a transport on the
client side.  My application is supporting multiple SOAP interfaces.  When I
call one set of SOAP interfaces, I want to call one handler and then when I
call the other set of SOAP interfaces, I want to call a different handler.

I knnow the configuration that I have below is wrong.  Does anyone have any
suggestions of how I can implement this?

<transport name="http"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
<transport name="http" pivot="java:myownHandler"/>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <deployment name="defaultClientConfig"
           xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
	   <globalConfiguration>
   	<parameter name="disablePrettyXML" value="true"/>
	   <parameter name="enableNamespacePrefixOptimization" value="false"/>
	 </globalConfiguration>
     <transport name="http"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
     <transport name="http" pivot="java:myownHandler"/>
     <transport name="java"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.java.JavaSender"/>
     <transport name="local"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender"/>
   </deployment>

RE: Newbie need help with client-config.wsdd

Posted by "Walker, Jeff" <Je...@fmr.com>.
You know,
I've never actually written a custom transport/Sender pair!
But, I assume you can define a different one other than http. Look at
the example config you posted. There is a "java" and a "local" transport
existing at the same time. I think you can make up another name and load
your transport's pivot for it. (I would try just one new transport
first, get it to deploy and get called properly, and bring in the 2nd
one later).

(In the downloadable examples for Axis 1.4, (I think you need to find
the src zip file for Axis 1.4) there is a custom transport example
project called, what else..transport tcp. I've never played with it but
it might help you out. They define a client-config.wsdd file as well).

You should even be able to reuse HTTPSender as well, and worry about
whether you need to write your own later. (First order of business is to
get Axis to deploy it all correctly, right?)
Good luck,
-jeff

Posted by Mike Krell <mk...@gmail.com>.
I could be wrong but I don't think that it works the way you are intending.
In the line <transport name="http" pivot="java:
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/> you are basically setting up a
variable called "http" which references the class "
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender".  This variable can then be used
as shorthand for other configurations in the same config file.  For
example...

<handler name="LocalResponder" type="java:
org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalResponder" />
.
.
.
<transport name="local">
        <responseFlow>
            <handler type="LocalResponder" />
        </responseFlow>
</transport>

Here a handler called "LocalResponder" is being defined and later being
referenced in the "local" transport.

In your configuration, it looks like you are trying to override the variable
setting to " myownHandler".  It's the same as saying....

int x = 1;
x = 2;

What "http" actually gets set to will probably depend on the parser.

You can try to create a new transport and call it "http2".  Not sure how
this will work but I believe the Axis will only use one transport handler.
(You could try to set the transports up in a chain).

Looking back at in this chain, I think that the solution for you may be to
write your own transport which then would call the 2 webservices.

Posted by Yolanda Ward <yo...@lexisnexis.com>.

Posted by Mike Krell <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yolanda Ward <yo...@lexisnexis.com>.

Posted by Mike Krell <mk...@gmail.com>.