Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/10/11 10:48:29 UTC

[VOTE] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Simon and I were able too meet Vincent Hennebert in person in Amsterdam
last week. He has already made an impression with his excellent work for
the GSoC. He's a very nice and intelligent guy, eager to learn and to
work on FOP. Another guy who's not afraid to jump into the depths of the
layout engine.

Since the GSoC he has found a job at Anyware
(http://www.anyware-tech.com), a French company which does a lot of
Cocoon stuff. There, he has the opportunity to work around 50% on FOP
sponsored by the same customer that enabled me to invest so much time
into FOP over the last two years.

I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.

Votes only on general@ please.

+1 from me.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.

Me too: +1.

J.Pietschmann

Re: [VOTE] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On 10/11/06, Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:
>
>> ...I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
>> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force...
>

> Not sure if my vote is binding here (I'm a FOP committer but not a
> member of the xmlgraphics PMC), but big +1 aynway!

BTW, Bertrand, you may wish to list yourself as "active" again on our
team page[1].

Also, team, should Vincent be approved, please remove my "GM" category
from the "Areas of Expertise" skills section at the bottom of the page,
and replace it with his.  I suspect Vincent will have quite a few more
"X"'s than me, and I don't plan on returning to FOP coding anytime soon.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/team.html

Re: [VOTE] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 10/11/06, Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:

> ...I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force...

Not sure if my vote is binding here (I'm a FOP committer but not a
member of the xmlgraphics PMC), but big +1 aynway!

I also met Vincent at the CocoonGT last week, he's a quick learner,
nice guy and certainly a good addition to the team.

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Jeremias Maerki schrieb:

> I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.

+1

--
Christian

Re: [VOTE:RESULT] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
<lang="de-bad">
Ich denke, dass jemand die guter Auskunft von Vincents Kommittershaft
auf unsere Nachrichtseite[1] addieren soll.  (Selbst kann ich das nicht
machen, weil ich mein Apache Kennwort vergessen haben.)
</lang>

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/news.html

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi Jeremias,

Yes, I've received a mail from the ASF with my account settings. Thanks
for the pointers, I'll have a look.

Vincent

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
Howdy folks,

Sorry for the delay... Vincent has my +1 as well. Welcome Vincent!

Web Maestro Clay

On 10/16/06, Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> Many thanks to all of you for your support. I'm glad to enter the XML
> Graphics team. I think this is a team of really nice persons, it has
> always been great to work with you as a contributor and it will be a
> pleasure to work now as a committer.
>
> At the GetTogether I felt what belonging to the Apache community really
> means. To me this is one of the greatest aspects of open-source
> development, and I'm proud to now be a member of such a community.
>
> Thanks again, I'll do my best to deserve my new status!
>
> Vincent
>

> Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> > Ok, high time to wrap this up.
> >
> > We have:
> > 10 +1
> > 1 +0
> > no other votes
> > (6 of 8 PMC members have voted)
> >
> > Vincent is now an ASF committer with write access for FOP and XML
> > Graphics Commons.
> >
> > Congratulations, Vincent, and welcome! I'll follow up with
> > the administrative stuff in a second.
> >
> > On 11.10.2006 10:48:29 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >> Simon and I were able too meet Vincent Hennebert in person in Amsterdam
> >> last week. He has already made an impression with his excellent work for
> >> the GSoC. He's a very nice and intelligent guy, eager to learn and to
> >> work on FOP. Another guy who's not afraid to jump into the depths of the
> >> layout engine.
> >>
> >> Since the GSoC he has found a job at Anyware
> >> (http://www.anyware-tech.com), a French company which does a lot of
> >> Cocoon stuff. There, he has the opportunity to work around 50% on FOP
> >> sponsored by the same customer that enabled me to invest so much time
> >> into FOP over the last two years.
> >>
> >> I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> >> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki

The Web Maestro
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: [VOTE:RESULT] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
Howdy folks,

Sorry for the delay... Vincent has my +1 as well. Welcome Vincent!

Web Maestro Clay

On 10/16/06, Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> Many thanks to all of you for your support. I'm glad to enter the XML
> Graphics team. I think this is a team of really nice persons, it has
> always been great to work with you as a contributor and it will be a
> pleasure to work now as a committer.
>
> At the GetTogether I felt what belonging to the Apache community really
> means. To me this is one of the greatest aspects of open-source
> development, and I'm proud to now be a member of such a community.
>
> Thanks again, I'll do my best to deserve my new status!
>
> Vincent
>

> Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> > Ok, high time to wrap this up.
> >
> > We have:
> > 10 +1
> > 1 +0
> > no other votes
> > (6 of 8 PMC members have voted)
> >
> > Vincent is now an ASF committer with write access for FOP and XML
> > Graphics Commons.
> >
> > Congratulations, Vincent, and welcome! I'll follow up with
> > the administrative stuff in a second.
> >
> > On 11.10.2006 10:48:29 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >> Simon and I were able too meet Vincent Hennebert in person in Amsterdam
> >> last week. He has already made an impression with his excellent work for
> >> the GSoC. He's a very nice and intelligent guy, eager to learn and to
> >> work on FOP. Another guy who's not afraid to jump into the depths of the
> >> layout engine.
> >>
> >> Since the GSoC he has found a job at Anyware
> >> (http://www.anyware-tech.com), a French company which does a lot of
> >> Cocoon stuff. There, he has the opportunity to work around 50% on FOP
> >> sponsored by the same customer that enabled me to invest so much time
> >> into FOP over the last two years.
> >>
> >> I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> >> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki

The Web Maestro

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Ok, high time to wrap this up.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Ok, high time to wrap this up.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
A solid (albeit uncounted) +1 from me also!

Glen

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Simon and I were able too meet Vincent Hennebert in person in Amsterdam
> last week. He has already made an impression with his excellent work for
> the GSoC. He's a very nice and intelligent guy, eager to learn and to
> work on FOP. Another guy who's not afraid to jump into the depths of the
> layout engine.

Its very well deserved. Don't forget before GSoC, Vincent also
engineered a patch to integrate FORayFont into FOP.

> Since the GSoC he has found a job at Anyware
> (http://www.anyware-tech.com), a French company which does a lot of
> Cocoon stuff. There, he has the opportunity to work around 50% on FOP
> sponsored by the same customer that enabled me to invest so much time
> into FOP over the last two years.
>
> I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.
>
> Votes only on general@ please.
>
> +1 from me.

+1

Chris

Re: [VOTE] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:48:29AM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Simon and I were able too meet Vincent Hennebert in person in Amsterdam
> last week. He has already made an impression with his excellent work for
> the GSoC. He's a very nice and intelligent guy, eager to learn and to
> work on FOP. Another guy who's not afraid to jump into the depths of the
> layout engine.
>
> Since the GSoC he has found a job at Anyware
> (http://www.anyware-tech.com), a French company which does a lot of
> Cocoon stuff. There, he has the opportunity to work around 50% on FOP
> sponsored by the same customer that enabled me to invest so much time
> into FOP over the last two years.
>
> I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.

+1 from me.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: [VOTE] Vincent Hennebert as new committer

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Jeremias Maerki:
> I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.

Sounds fine to me, but since I haven't been following Vincent's
contributions closely, I'll defer to others, and vote +0.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/