Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Ramakrishnan Venkatachalam <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/12 08:28:35 UTC

Add hidden show capability to sensitive text-area boxes

Hi,

In controller-services, for ex: HiveConnectionPool there is a property
called "Password". One of our clients who use  nifi wish to add the
capability of hidden show (input type="password"). I understand property
list table is dynamically populated using jquery (please correct me if am
wrong).

Below is what i suggest:

When we mention like below in this case for password property:

public static final PropertyDescriptor DB_PASSWORD = new
PropertyDescriptor.Builder().name("hive-db-password")
            .displayName("Password")
            .description("The password for the database user")
            .defaultValue(null)
            .required(false)
            .sensitive(true)
            .addValidator(StandardValidators.NON_EMPTY_VALIDATOR)
            .build();

i suggest to add

 .hiddenshow(true) (or any other name)

so that frame work can add an jquery and css appropriately to build the
password like hidden show nature: "***********" ( we can even replace the
textarea tag to input type='password> ) only for these cases.

I would like to your views on this..

Thanks
Ramakrishnan V

Re: Add hidden show capability to sensitive text-area boxes

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

NiFi never pulls sensitive valued to the UI once set, it's a one-way
operation only. Today, the UI has a hint 'sensitive value is set' to
indicate it's not empty. Maybe you can provide more background on what you
are trying to achieve in that context?

Thanks,
Andrew