Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jwight <jw...@telus.net> on 2004/07/06 07:41:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache times out

Hi,

I have had Apache and Tomcat running for about a year on my server.
It is running off of a dynamic IP that only changes if I shut down.

I had to Initialize my domain to a new IP recently as I had used the
laptop at another connection.   The domain "web-foot.com" began working
in about 1/2 hr after the change.   Everything seemed OK.  Apache redirects
the to Tomcat and all is well.   Then I tried from my other computer on the
network which also worked OK.  I then tried from a remote location.
The result was a blank page loaded and then timed out after 17 seconds.

I reset the timeouts in the config file to a higher number without any
affect.
I called telus my ISP and they say all is well at their end.  ping also
works remotely
but the page doesn't display.    I can however reach Tomcat remotely by
typing in
"web-foot.com:8080/web-foot".   Has anyone had this problem or knows how to
resolve it?
Regards
Jim Wight
jwight@telus.net