Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Mark Whitlock <ma...@uk.ibm.com> on 2005/06/13 17:50:56 UTC

Attachments

Hi,
I'm starting to implement client side attachments, including attachments
referenced from the soap body. I'm intending to...
 - Add the attachments methods that are currently on IWrapperSoapSerializer
to Call as well
 - Add in AttachmentReference (internal implementation) and
IAttachmentReference (external interface) classes.
 - Rename attachement to attachment everywhere that it is misspelt because
it is so easy to miss methods/fields due to this misspelling.

An AttachmentReference is the Content-ID of an attachment. The WS-I
Attachment Profile states what form the Content-ID should take. So Axis C++
probably should generate the Content-ID if the application doesn't specify
one. I would imagine that most applications will not be sensitive to a
particular Content-ID and will be happy for Axis C++ to generate one. An
AttachmentReference can serialize itself in the soap body, providing
support for referenced attachments. So I will change the methods that take
the Content-ID as a char* to be a IAttachmentReference*.

Comments?
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM