Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org> on 2008/12/01 04:52:40 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Velocity Engine 1.6

RAT looks good, builds for me with JDK 1.6.0_10 on i386 Linux (Fedora).

+1

	Ciao
		Henning

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 07:08 -0800, Nathan Bubna wrote:
> Ok, there were no complaints about the current test build that were
> worth generating a new test build and delaying this (IMO), so i'm
> moving on to a vote.
>
> The test build candidate for release is still available here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/velocity/engine/1.6/
>
> Please vote regarding your support for releasing this new test build as
> Velocity Engine 1.6:
>
> [ ] +1 Let's do it
> [ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
> [ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.
> [ ] -1 No, because __________________
>
> The voting period is typically 72 hours, putting its close time as
> roughly 7am PST on Monday, Dec 1st.  If the vote passes, I'll push
> this to the mirrors and change the web site and get Henning to deploy it.
> With luck i'll be able to announce it by Wed.
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ok folks, i think the time has come; here's a build for Engine 1.6:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/velocity/engine/1.6/
> >
> > please kick the tires and report any and all nitpicks soon.  PLEASE
> > try it out and look for problems.  (yes, i am begging!)  assuming no
> > one sees any problems, i'll call for a release vote next friday.
> >
> > thanks,
> > nathan
> >
> > p.s.  this release should rock; here's a rough list of new things in
> > this release:
> >
> > Major memory and speed performance improvements
> > varargs support for object method calls
> > #evaluate( $stringthatcontainsvtl )
> > #define( $body ) for VTL blocks as references #end
> > #break for ending #foreach loops prematurely
> > Static utility methods via context.put("Math", Math.class)
> > fixes for many annoying little syntax/parsing bugs
> > #parse( "mymacros.vm" )
> > CommonsLogLogChute, ServletLogChute
> > Fixed and much improved StringResourceLoader
> > velocimacro.max.depth
> > programmatic inclusion of macro libraries
> > can now call fixed-length list methods on arrays
> > $velocityHasNext for #foreach loops
> > configurable connection timeout for URLResourceLoader
> > Uberspect chainability and link-ability
> > consistent, correct line numbers and macro/template stacks in logs and
> > exceptions

Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Java, J2EE, Linux
Mail: henning@schmiedehausen.org    -- Consultant, Architect, Developer
Web:  http://henning.schmiedehausen.org/

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Velocity Engine 1.6

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Shoot.  Meant to save that as a draft and send it first thing
tomorrow.  Just consider this to have been sent about 12 hours from
now. :)  Thanks.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Ok, here's the corrected tally, sent at the proper time.  :)

+1
Nathan Bubna
matthijs lambooy
Ilkha Priha