Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com> on 2014/10/22 18:52:12 UTC

Stale branches in cordova-js (and others)

There are a number of branches in cordova-js.
I think there should be two kinds of branches:

1. Release branches (or tags that are created as branches)
2. Feature branches

Well, two other kinds of branches:
3. Merged feature branches
4. Stale/abandoned branches

I'd like to remove things that fall into #3/#4:

Merged:
* future (bhiggins)
* pl (filmaj)

Stale/abandoned:
* playbookFile (timkim) -- note that cordova no longer supports PlayBook...
* bb_media_fix (timkim)
* async_base64_android (agrieve) -- there's no sign of this being merged in, and no obvious sign of a bug for it

Re: Stale branches in cordova-js (and others)

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
I just added a step in the committer workflow in coho/docs.

http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-coho/commit/facce79c

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1, merged feature branches should be deleted

pinging the relevant committers so they can come rescue anything they want
to save would be prudent for the 4. stale/abandoned branches.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thank Josh for the house cleaning, I like to have clear branches and like
Joe said more feature branches to experiment, try, discuss, review, etc..

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Stale branches in cordova-js (and others)

Posted by Tim Kim <ti...@gmail.com>.
Yep, delete em.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.