Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Gao <st...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/18 00:22:09 UTC

Does HDFS provide a way to append A file to B ?

I need to append file A to file B in HDFS without downloading/uploading them to local disk. Is there a way?

Re: Does HDFS provide a way to append A file to B ?

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
No. There isn't *any* version of Hadoop with a (stable) append command.

Posted by Steve Gao <st...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.

Posted by Steve Gao <st...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, but I was told there is an append command, isn't there? But I don't know how to apply this patch https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1700