Posted to dev@brpc.apache.org by Jerry Tan <je...@apache.org> on 2022/08/11 15:09:57 UTC

Introduction of ApacheCon Asia 2022 RPC track brpc session 2

Here it is

https://apachecon.com/acasia2022/sessions/rpc-1184.html

BRPC HIGH PERFORMANCE BEST PRACTICESzhoumo

CHINESE SESSION 2022-07-30 14:40 GMT+8  #RPC
<https://apachecon.com/acasia2022/tracks/rpc.html>

bRPC is the most commonly used industrial-grade RPC framework in Baidu,
with high performance, ease of use, and convenience of troubleshooting.
Therefore, hundreds of services in Baidu have used bRPC. bRPC was developed
early, and its performance has been able to meet the needs of most business
scenarios. However, with the continuous development of cloud computing and
the continuous innovation of hardware technology, the throughput and delay
of bRPC network communication are put forward higher requirements.
Therefore, bRPC should not only be satisfied with the high performance of
many years ago, but should further improve throughput and latency, and
maximize the current hardware capabilities to meet the current business
needs.

This sharing will take cloud storage as an example to describe baidu’s bRPC
adaptation practices to improve bRPC performance in cloud storage
scenarios. It mainly includes three parts: one is the modification of bRPC
thread model, using user-mode TCP and DPDK technology to speed up data
receiving and sending; Second, optimization of the bRPC code, mainly
including atomic variables, IOBuf and serialization optimization; Third,
adoption of RDMA technology, give full play to RDMA performance advantages.
The above transformation of bRPC has been used in the CDS cloud disk system
of Baidu Cloud, and has been put into production on a large scale. This
greatly improves the front-end IOPS performance of Baidu Cloud CDS storage
product.
Speakers:

Mo Zhou: Baidu senior R&D engineer, responsible for baidu high-performance
user mode protocol stack research and development

Re: Introduction of ApacheCon Asia 2022 RPC track brpc session 2

Posted by Weibing Wang <ww...@apache.org>.
Sorry, I consulted relevant colleagues, and the feedback is that the
specific product performance data is currently confidential and cannot
be disclosed temporarily.

Best regards
Weibing

Posted by Y Y <wu...@gmail.com>.