Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Santiago W. Fernandez Lorenzo" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/20 12:19:49 UTC

Re: problems with client validation Internet Explorer 8 - no background images

I have the same problem!.

Could somebody help us?

Thanks

--
Santiago Wenceslao Fernández Lorenzo
www.santiquetzal.es

Re: problems with client validation Internet Explorer 8 - no background images

Posted by Kiss Izolda <iz...@freemail.hu>.
Hi Santiago,

I have applied the patch for Tapestry 5.1.0.5 that changes the bundled
version of Prototype to version 1.6.1, which is compatible with Internet
Explorer 8.
http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapx/
http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapx/

It has basically solved the problem, but the appaereance of the background
images was still not perfect, they overflew out of their edges and after
about 1 second error-bevel-left.png and error-bevel-right.png gained their
normal size.

I have tried to override the following css entry, and it helped the
error-bevel-left.png
HTML>BODY DIV.t-error-popup SPAN {
background: url("error-bevel-left.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
position: relative;
}
Unfortunately position: relative; can't be set for tha tag with
error-bevel-right.gif, as it is set in the DIV.t-error-popup css entries,
and the aprropriate div, with this css style has the following style
property:
style="position: absolute; top: 122px; left: 423px; width: auto; height:
39px;"

Izolda