Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Devin Ben-Hur <db...@eMerchandise.com> on 2001/06/13 21:17:07 UTC

[JOB] (mod_)Perl/Oracle Application Engineer positions in Portland, OR

 ++ Software Engineer Position(s) ++
 ++ The eMarket Group (eMerchandise.com) ++

The eMarket Group (TeG) is a successful entertainment merchandise
retailer.  We focus on online and mail-order sales through our branded
storefront <http://www.eMerchandise.com> and private-label storefronts
for third party entertainment and media destinations.

TeG is a private, independently financed company located in Portland,
Oregon. We have recently achieved profitability and are growing
rapidly. We have been named as one of the 100 fastest growing companies
in Oregon by the Portland Business Journal.

We currently have two software engineering positions available:

##########

POSITION 1: Application and Interface Engineer

An application engineer working on general maintenance and development
of our back-end systems with a focus on the human interface components
of our internal business systems implemented in Perl & PL/SQL.

Maintain and enhance Oracle Forms based interfaces to back-end system
components (product catalog management, warehouse management system,
customer service and order processing, promotion management,
procurement management).

Evaluate and deploy alternative development framework to replace Oracle
Forms, with desirable attributes being: platform independence,
reliability, flexibility, maintainability.

Evaluate and deploy customer contact management system (email, phone,
chat, and mail contacts managed through consolidated system integrated
with back-end orders and customers database). This may be an
integration of a third party CRM system with our existing system or a
development project to build contact management facilities into our
core system.

Buzzword/acronym compliance:
- un*x (Solaris, Linux, *BSD)
- General relational database, SQL, Oracle
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle Developer Forms and Reports
- General GUI Development
- Perl, Apache/mod_perl

##########

POSITION 2: Application and Integration Engineer

An application engineer working on general maintenance and development
of our back-end systems with a focus on systems integration with our
front-end web services and with external systems such as: freight
manifesting, payment processing, supplier EDI and drop-shipping
systems.

Maintain and enhance existing systems in Perl and Oracle PL/SQL.

Evaluate and deploy new integrated freight carrier compliance systems.
Evaluate and deploy new payment processing system integration. Develop
enhanced supply chain management capabilities.

Buzzword/acronym compliance:
- un*x (Solaris, Linux, *BSD)
- General relational database, SQL, Oracle
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Perl
- Apache, mod_perl
- XML
- EDI
- Network protocols

##########

We are looking for smart and experienced people who have solid computer
science and software engineering skills. Experience with the specific
languages and environments listed above is desirable, but not
essential.  Degree desirable, but not nearly as important as experience.

Good benefits, fun and flexible environment, equity participation. TeG
is an equal-opportunity employer.

Send resume or letter to:
 - email (preferred): hr@eMerchandise.com
 - phone: Alice Turtles 503-944-5044