Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/13 19:40:45 UTC

Apache Juice - Incubation

Dear Incubator folks,

Apache Juice was been stalled for some time because of 1 legal issue
on our side, namely the CLA from U of Memphis[1]. This was ok'ed by
legal after quite a delay, but the project lost steam.   AFAIK, all
the legal requirements are taken care of now.

There has been some discussions on security-dev and wss4j-dev [2]. We
want to explore merging juice with existing projects namely Apache XML
Security to carry on the work. Is this a valid option for us? Thoughts
please. Also what do we need in terms of process to import the code to
xml-security SVN and drop juice as a separate project.

thanks,
dims

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xml-juice-dev/200407.mbox/%3C40FBB0AD.6070604@wingsofhermes.org%3E
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/security-dev@xml.apache.org/msg02758.html

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Nice!!!

thanks,
dims

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Nice!!!

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Nice!!!

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Werner Dittmann wrote:

> Programming) ). As soon as I have a somewhat stable version that
> supports the most important Signature algos I would like to check
> in the code.

+1 :>.

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Raul, Berin,

about 8-10 weeks ago I did a openSSL crypto lib binding / interface
to BouncyCastle, then I moved that code over to Juice, currently in
my own branch here at my system. Currently I have several Signature
and encryption/decryption algos up and running. The speed gains,
in particular for Signatures, are very good.

There is no difference from the Java point of view - its all standard
JCE interfaces. I took some code from BC to deal with the standard
JCE interfaces, keys, key parameters and alike.

About 6/8 weeks ago Dims and I started the process to
get a certificate from Sun to produce a signed JCE provider Jar. Just
yesterday I received the cert and the root cert from Sun. Now I can
build a signed Jar and work on the tests, the openSSL thread
callbacks (it's  not complicated - Just a SMOP (Small Matter Of

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Raul Benito <ra...@apache.org>.

--
http://r-bg.com

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Raul Benito <ra...@apache.org>.
I'm just hacking arround juice to see how we fare against C libxml sec
library. And I can tell you that all in all very well. I invite you to
read more in my blog at http://r-bg.com/apache

Anyhow I was thinking on hacking DSA, and also investigate the
multithread problem of openssl using the same solution that tomcat APR
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html . They use openssl to
do TLS in multithreading environments, perhaps we can share the
library.

But I'm going off on holidays for this week, so I'll be silent the whole week.

Regards,

Raul

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Nice!!!

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dims,

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dims,

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dims,

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dims,

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dims,

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dims,

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dims,

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dims,

Re: [DISCUSS] Put Apache Juice into dormant status

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 please start a VOTE

Re: [VOTE] Put Apache Juice into dormant status

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Craig

On Jul 15, 2007, at 9:57 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Monday 16 July 2007 12:12, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> Nothing appears to be happening, and there is no one around to
>> provide
>> status or anything else.
>
> +1
>
> Cheers
> --
> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: [VOTE] Put Apache Juice into dormant status

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 16 July 2007 12:12, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Nothing appears to be happening, and there is no one around to provide
> status or anything else.

+1

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Put Apache Juice into dormant status

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Hiya,

Nobody on the project has the bandwidth at the moment to take this on,
so +1 to put it dormant.  If the bandwidth becomes available we will
re-open.

Cheers,
	Berin

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Hiya,

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.

{RESULT] Put Apache Juice into dormant status

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Voted on by myself, Dims, Niclas and Berin.  Time to make it official.

	--- Noel

[VOTE] Put Apache Juice into dormant status

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Re: Apache Juice - Incubation

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.