Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Benjamin Shrom <bs...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/05 00:50:38 UTC

Sun's blueprints and MyFaces

Hello,

Was anybody was able to get Sun's blueprints Progress
Bar to work with MyFaces?
Whatever they did - it's not crossplatform
compatible... :-(

Please, share if you have any other suggestions for
Progress Bar and JSF component.

Regards,

Benjamin.

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Sun's blueprints and MyFaces

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Benjamin-

> I ran into several issues with the code back then.
> a) The code had dependencies into the com.sun hierarchy which is not
> in MyFaces and also cannot be

they are posting back the full state of client side state saving info.
That parameter is not specified (will be in 1.2). So state information
is *bound* to a concret impl.

That is the same for MyFaces's autocomplete ajax component
(FYI: http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox/inputSuggestAjax.html)

here is also an interesting paper about jsf and ajax:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jhook/archive/2005/09/jsf_avatar_vs_m_1.html

HTH,
Matthias

Re: Sun's blueprints and MyFaces

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Benjamin Shrom wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Was anybody was able to get Sun's blueprints Progress
> Bar to work with MyFaces?
> Whatever they did - it's not crossplatform
> compatible... :-(

Have not checked out the latest blueprints code, I ported an early blueprint
and fixed it a while ago for my jsf-comp autocomplete,
I ran into several issues with the code back then.
a) The code had dependencies into the com.sun hierarchy which is not
in MyFaces and also cannot be

b) As far as I can remember the javascripts they did not use javascript
"classes" thus multiple components became problematic, and they also
used the xmlhttprequest object as a data dump for additional data, which
does not work with the Internet Explorer, because there xmlhttprequest
is an ActiveX object which does not allow such things (the javascripts
worked fine on mozilla however)

I do not know the current state of affairs in the blueprints, but take them as they
are, they are good code templates to draw ideas from,
but you might have to put some additional work into them.

Re: Sun's blueprints and MyFaces

Posted by Benjamin Shrom <bs...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you for the link.
Looks like developers used Sun's Creator and didn't
even bother to provide source code for test cases...
Are there are any plans to include similiar component
to MyFaces?

http://software.topcoder.com/catalog/c_component.jsp?comp=15272054&ver=1.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.