Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Tench <ar...@netscape.net> on 2003/03/24 04:05:54 UTC

animation tweening

I want to take two path elements and create an tweened animation from
one to the other.  I'm wondering if there is something that will already
do that or if I need to write an algorith to do that...  I noticed that
an SVG needs to have the same number of points in paths to tween
animation between them and I can't guarantee that the input svg's will
have the same number of points in them.  My thoughts on this so far have
been that it would be easiest to write an algorith that works (in a way
yet to be determined) with the pointAtLength property of the
SVGPathElement in the W3C classes.  I'm also wondering if Batik can
ratsterize an svg at an arbitrary point in time of an animation.

Thank you,

Michael Tench