Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Gurvinder Singh <gu...@uninett.no> on 2014/07/31 16:28:18 UTC

multi tenant setup

Hi,

I am wondering how mesos handle the task scheduling when the resource
are limited and multiple users want to access them at the same time. Is
there any kind of fair scheduling as I see currently mainly FIFO. If
there is how can I specify that.

Thanks,
Gurvinder

Re: multi tenant setup

Posted by Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io>.
Sorry for the tardy reply. Spark seems to be holding on to those resources
then - are you running Spark in coarse grained mode?
I am not too Spark savvy, but running in fine grained mode should allocate
and free resources on-demand rather than allocating a temporary static
partition up front.
Maybe Tim Chen can chime in here.

Niklas

Re: multi tenant setup