Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by BlancaHN <bl...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/18 11:12:24 UTC

James 3.0-beta3 and jdk1.7

Hi,

I have just upgraded my java version, and currently I am using the latest
jdk so far (jdk1.7.0_45). I have the same problem as other users in this
forum:

Caused by: com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException:
1 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
Class has two properties of the same name "outputs"
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at public java.util.List
org.apache.camel.model.ResequenceDefinition.getOutputs()
                at org.apache.camel.model.ResequenceDefinition
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at private java.util.List
org.apache.camel.model.ResequenceDefinition.outputs
                at org.apache.camel.model.ResequenceDefinition

Any ideas? The solutions I read didn´t work for me (probably because we are
still using the beta 3 version??).
Which james library does import the JAXB dependency? I couldn´t figure it
out, maybe the javaxb-api 2.2.11 version (the latest one) solves the
problem.

Thanks

Re: James 3.0-beta3 and jdk1.7

Posted by Phillip Odam <ph...@nitorgroup.com>.
Hi Blanca

I haven't tried getting 3.0-beta3 up and running on java 1.7 but have
run beta4 on 1.7 and I think I came across exactly this same issue.

Here's my notes, quite likely to be wrong for beta5 that's under
development but may work for beta3. Note jaxb 2.1.15 no longer the latest.

To run Apache JAMES on Java 1.7 one adjustment is currently required as
the beta release of Apache JAMES 3.0 does not work on Java 1.7. In
Apache JAMES's conf/lib place the file jaxb-impl.jar from jaxb 2.1.x,
most recent release found at http://jaxb.java.net/2.1.15/. Inside the
downloaded zip file you will find the jar at jaxb-ri/lib/jaxb-impl.jar

Re: James 3.0-beta3 and jdk1.7

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.