Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sebastian Rodriguez <sr...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/23 17:29:15 UTC

Re: Re-Start required when changing activemq.xml or camel.xml ? Auto-restart possible?

Hi,
If changes are done in the xml files (activemq.xml and / or camel.xml), a
restart of the service will be necessary.

As far as I know, if ActiveMq is installed as a windows service, there is no
command line to restart a service, although you can stop and start it with
the following commands:
"net stop activemq" followed by "net start activemq".

You might want to create a batch file to do such things , one possible
example can be found
here<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1405372/stopping-starting-a-remote-windows-service-and-waiting-for-it-to-open-close>,
but the net has many other plausible solutions.

Seb

On 23 June 2010 21:17, BenXS <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Assume I have started ActiveMQ successfully.
> Now I change either activemq.xml or camel.xml
>
> Is it required to restart ActiveMQ in order let the changes become
> effective?
> Or does ActiveMQ detect automatically changes in its config files and load
> them automatically during run?
>
> If manually restart is necessary: Is there a (ONE) common cmdline command
> available which
> shuts the MessBroker down AND restarts it?
>
> Ben

Sebastien Rodriguez