Posted to user@spark.apache.org by unk1102 <um...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/06 19:33:12 UTC

Why is this job running since one hour?

Hi I have one main Spark job which spawns multiple child spark jobs. One of
the child spark job is running for an hour and it keeps on hanging there I
have taken snap shot please see
<http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/file/n25899/Screen_Shot_2016-01-06_at_11.jpg>

Re: Why is this job running since one hour?

Posted by Umesh Kacha <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi thanks for the response. Each Job is processing around 5gb of skewed
data does group by multiple fields and does aggregation and does
coalesce(1) and saves csv file in gzip format. I think coalesce is causing
problem but data is not that huge I don't understand why it keeps on
running for an hour and avoiding other jobs to run. Please guide.

Posted by Jakob Odersky <jo...@gmail.com>.