Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/10/31 16:15:36 UTC

Any issues with embedding CDDL licensed items?

I mentioned in an earlier post that it appears our best option for
including JSTL 1.2 for Java EE 5 is to pick up the Glassfish JSTL
library.  It is licensed under CDDL.  Does anybody know of any issues or
concerns from a license perspective that would prevent us from doing this?

AFAIK the major difference between CDDL and AL2 is that CDDL requires
that source for fixes/mods be contributed back to the originator.  I
don't expect us to be making any changes to the Glassfish JSTL.  If we
did find it necessary then our preference would be to get the fix
included in the source and pick up a newer release to distribute.  So I
don't believe there are any issues here but if anybody else if aware of
any please speak up.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Any issues with embedding CDDL licensed items?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Jeff,

Thanks for the link!  It's nice to see that in writing (although it's
strange that it isn't in a more "public" place).

Joe

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.