Posted to user@roller.apache.org by muller <n....@nouvellemarque.com> on 2008/10/07 09:33:32 UTC

Velocity Reloaded

Hello,

I would like to be able to develop new theme with filesystem because our
graphists are disappointed with database model development.

For us (developer) it is not a problem to work with web UI for theme
reloading. We are developing great themes with a lot of JS (jquery) and we
are losing too much time with this method. I am a evangelist roller in my
company (15 persons) therefore people working with Wordpress are trying to
kick off Roller. I would be very happy to have a simple solution to ease us.

I spent a lot of time to search into forum. I read it :

In velocity properties :

resource.loader= . , file

file.resource.loader.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileR
esourceLoader

file.resource.loader.path=c:/roller/templates

file.resource.loader.cache=true

file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval=2

Therefore it is not good. I do not understand how to do it. When I did any
modification into Weblog.vm there is no changes.

Are there other parameters ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards, Nicolas

Re: Velocity Reloaded

Posted by Alex Coles <al...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Brian Levine <le...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Nicolas,
>
> I'm not sure you can reload themes without restarting the web-app.
>
> Order doesn't matter in a properties file.
>
> I haven't tested the following, so it may not work...
>
> To reload velocity code --
> Try changing these lines in your config file:
> webapp.resource.loader.cache=false
> class.resource.loader.cache=false
> velocimacro.library.autoreload=false
>
> (They're all set to true in the default file, but should be set to false).
>
> Now restart roller.
>

> /B
>
>> From: n.muller@nouvellemarque.com
>> To: user@roller.apache.org
>> Subject: RE: Velocity Reloaded
>> Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:31:10 +0200
>>
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> My config file is the following :
>>
>> # specify resource loaders to use
>> resource.loader = webapp, theme, roller, class, file
>> file.resource.loader.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileR
>> esourceLoader
>> file.resource.loader.path=C:/eclipse/workspace-roller/Roller/build/webapp/th
>> emes/sotto
>> file.resource.loader.cache=false
>> file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval=2
>>
>> Is there any order for resource.loader ? file before theme ? theme before
>> file ?
>> Is it a good config or there is no possible to reload theme but just
>> external vm ?
>>
>> Thank you very much. Best regards Nicolas,

Nicolas:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I posted on this issue back in July - see
http://markmail.org/message/aexue5h7zudp74vj - , and I didn't ever
find a resolution either! Reloading Velocity templates is a real pain
during the development process. It helps to lay out all the DIVs in
one go, and use as much CSS as possible - but still, reloading
everytime you want to add/change a VM macro makes life difficult!

Alex

RE: Velocity Reloaded

Posted by Brian Levine <le...@hotmail.com>.

Nicolas,